Saturday, January 31, 2015

Sriracha Shrimp Tacos

Sriracha Shrimp Tacos

My husband LOVES Sriracha sauce. Since I want him to learn to love healthy food as well, I try to find ways to add it into recipes as often as I can so I know he will love it. I am growing pretty fond of it, too! These tacos are a little spicy and so delicious! 

Sriracha Shrimp Tacos:

2 tsp butter (REAL butter, no margarine!)
2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp sriracha sauce
1 tbsp raw honey
1 pound shrimp, deveined and tails removed
4 whole wheat or whole grain tortillas
Lettuce
1 Avocado
Cilantro
4 tbsp feta cheese
Fresh lime juice
Halved grape tomatoes
Chili Powder
Cayenne Powder (optional-add for an extra kick!)

Melt butter, olive oil, sriracha, and honey in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink, stirring frequently. Heat tortillas in the oven in foil. Add lettuce then cooked shrimp to warm tortilla. Top with 1/4 avocado, cilantro, 1 tbsp feta cheese, a squeeze of fresh lime juice, and some halved grape tomatoes. Sprinkle with chili powder and cayenne powder if desired. Enjoy! 
(Makes 4 tacos) 

No comments:

Post a Comment